Latest tested version: v5.5.2 – Build 12017
- Forum ‘Categories’ are imported as a ‘Forum’ – You must manually configure the forum types for ‘category’ forum type after the import and recounts have finished.
- ‘Locked Forums’ will be imported as like a normal open forum, again you can close/lock these via the forums panel in wp-admin and setting the forum attributes status to closed.
- Sticky topics ‘topic status’ are not set during import, manually ‘stick’ any topics after import and recounts are complete. (See trac ticket #2126)
- Custom BBCodes are not supported eg. [youtube] – You will have to manually change these yourself after importing into bbPress using phpMyAdmin.
- Smilies are rendered as images if contained in ‘code’ tags eg. <code>:)</code>
- You may find extra page breaks <br> and paragraph <p> elements in topics and replies and is less than ideal and is from the way the BBCodes are converted during the forum import conversion. You will find these primarily around ‘blockquotes’ and ‘lists’
- If you are using bbPress ‘Show Lead Topic’ some of the formatting will be broken, it has been converted correctly and is an issue with the content-single-topic-lead.php template, see trac # (Ticket to follow).
- <span> elements seem to be a hit and miss at the moment, they render sometimes and sometimes not depending on the import. (not very helpful I know, still digging around this issue)
- <img src=”http://example.com/file.jpg> are not currently enabled to be embedded inline in bbPress by default with topics and replies, everything was converted correctly and we just need to throw some switches and push some buttons before the next release of bbPress to make it work, watch this space.
- Topic Tags are not imported as this is a paid extension of SimplePress
- File attachments are left as is in the WordPress media library, any posts with attachments the URL’s will have to be manually updated after import.
- If you are going to use the same WordPress install for your import you do not need to import the users as they are already in the WordPress
wp_userstable. If you are setting up a fresh install of WordPress simple check the ‘convert users’ option before you start your import.
- Any custom SimplePress Moderators or Groups are not converted, any users you wish to make ‘moderators’ or ‘keymasters’ you will have to assign these roles manually via the main WordPress Admin User panel (/wp-admin/users.php).
- User ‘Favourites’, ‘Subscribed Topics’ or ‘Personal Messages (PM’s) are not supported or imported.
Redirecting from your old forum to your new
https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/v2-simple-press-importer-and-first-thoughts/page/2/#post-124953 by @shrewdies