Using bbPress Forums with BuddyPress Group Forums
It is possible and quite powerful to use both bbPress sitewide forums as well as BuddyPress Group Forums. A few caveats apply in order to ensure an easy setup:
- After installing and activating bbPress, please go to your admin dashboard under “Pages/All Pages” and find any page using the slug of “forums”.
- If such a page slug exists, as would be normally be the case if you first installed BuddyPress, it is recommended that you delete this page so as to free-up the use of the “forums” slug for bbPress.
- Be sure that you also empty the trash of this “forums” page to free-up the slug.
- You can then create a new page slug for BuddyPress Group Forums, using a different name. Eg: “Group Forums”.
- After creating a new page (Eg: “Group Forums”), go into Settings/BuddyPress/Pages and choose this new page to act as the placeholder for BuddyPress Group Forums
- Finally, go to Settings/Permalinks and click “Save” to ensure that you update your permalink structure
For BuddyPress 1.7 with bbPress 2.2.4 or bbPress RC 1 on WP 3.5.1, please read http://codex.buddypress.org/user/setting-up-a-new-installation/installing-group-and-sitewide-forums/